Make the Pledge
If you can’t make our June 12 Event Kickoff in Washington, D.C., we’d still love to add your voice, talent and resources to our alliance.
We Pledge to:
- Work with other local governments and stakeholders to voice our support for national policies that strengthen U.S. manufacturing and productivity
- Develop an executive order or city ordinance that establishes a “Buy Local, Buy American First” purchasing protocol for city goods and services
- Submit a list of products and services my city or region produces to share with other MFA members through an Internet database
- Utilize local credit unions, banks and other financial service providers for municipal accounts
- Encourage economic investment in local, small and mid-cap American companies and mutual funds
- Utilize public relations in the promotion of local businesses, American made products and as a tool to engage citizens and communicate that they can improve economic growth and local jobs through their everyday purchasing decisions
- Develop local partnerships to create export training policies and transportation hubs to help small American companies increase the export of their products abroad.